Nice video on Julie Foucher, Crossfit Athlete.
Keep in mind that as cool and motivating as these videos are, I do not expect or want these type of injuries or tears in the gym. There is a difference between gym training and those that are training for high level Crossfit competitions. You can workout, train, and compete and not get the injuries or tears that some of these athletes do. Listen to your coaches, scale, keep strict form and pay attention to what your body is telling you. You will still reach amazing new fitness levels, have fun and stay away from injuries. As I say that, enjoy this video :)
Strength: Weighted Pull-Ups 5x5x5x5x5
WOD: "This might sting a little"
10 Minute time cap.
Wednesday Fun Facts:
1. I only listen to Country Music. I won a trip for two to Paris, business class, for 2012! Ans. Jenn
2. I look/am young (I'm 27), I'm an attorney and my practice includes litigation, healthcare law, and beverage law. I love my work, and I've wanted to be an attorney since I was a kid. I have the CUTEST pitbull/black lab mix named Emma. I'm a dual citizen of US and Canada. Ans. Laura C
3. I used to play P1 soccer. In one year I was prom king, class president, most likely to succeed, most kissable, student of the year (okay so I was home-schooled....so what.) Ans. James McClimans
4. I was once hired as a flight attendant for an international airline, also worked as an Outward Bound instructor, and have lived and worked in various Yup’ik villages in Western Alaska. I Have 2 sons that are active cross fit guys- they are responsible for getting me involved. Interests include most outdoor adventures that involve mountains, snow & trails. I'm also a Make A Wish Foundation of AK and WA Board member. Ans. Rob R.
Thursday Fun Facts: "Thug Life Edition"
It's a good thing the following people are stand out professionals because if my kids do any of these, they will be grounded until they are 30.
1. I come from a family of 10 (i have 6 sisters) I was kicked out of a private school (all girls school). The 1995 Mariner Season was magic for me too - I did the wild thing on Lou Pinellas desk in the locker room of the Kingdome (no it was not with Lou).
2. I was arrested and spent the night in Boston jail for graffiti. I met Hulk Hogen at Club Super Sex in Montreal where my buddy arm wrestled him. I was a dub DJ in Boston. I Played a live broadcast set using Turntables, samplers and other strange audio equipment from MIT at an experimental music festival. I competed in 1/2 pipe events for snowboarding in the 90's.
3. In high school I got out of getting arrested by showing a cop my report card. Straight A’s…YEA!!
4. When I was 18, I went on a European tour with a friend. The second night of our trip was in Amsterdam where my buddy and I ditched the tour group to hit the Red Light District and plenty of bars on the way. Long story short, ended up passing out at a bus stop after searching for our hotel for hours. Next morning realized I lost my passport, we ended up getting kicked off the tour, and had to make our way through the rest of the trip on our own.