Just a week and a half away. www.bellevueinterbaythrowdown.com We will also be showing the UFC afterwards on the big screen. No charge for the UFC, just byobeverages :-)
Skill: Practice Cleans for 10 minutes
4 Rounds for time:
3 Clean Rx (185/135) FB (225/155)
9 Ring Dips
Heavy day today! Scale Scale Scale. Form first, strength follows. Irealize that sometimes people have a hard time scaling, however, ifyou cannot perform the lift at the weight prescribed, find the weight that you can do tht is challenging but that you can keep proper form, forego the Rx, nobody will judge you!
Have fun and hit it hard.
Wow someone looked right into my head
Tuesday Fun Facts:
1. When I was 13 I got hit by a car while riding my bike and broke my leg. My helmet shattered. I then went around to different Catholic schools telling kids how important it is to wear helmets. Marcus Tuiasosopo hit a 430 foot homerun off my curveball in high school baseball playoffs. Even before I started crossfit, I was known for my special ability to carry heavy shit. I’m a sherpa. Ans. Scott T.
2. I have a special talent of figuring out what someone's "animal" is based on looks and/or characteristics. My college friends are a hyena, bird, lizard, beluga whale, and I guess I'll divulge that I'm a pony. I once stood in line for 4 hours to meet Alyssa Milano and get her signature on my dorky poster of her. I had a relatively intimate dinner with Kurt Vonnegut. Really! There were just 8 of us at the table. I wish I had his signature instead of Alyssa's. Ans. Rachel M.
3. I convinced my son and all my nephews that I was a ninja, to the point that 4 or 5 years ago, everyone of them dressed as a ninja for Halloween, and they all said they wanted to be like their uncle. I grew up in a town of 286 people, which now has 285. At age 12 I ate 12 hard shell tacos, and lost to my brother who ate 14. Ans. Robbie
Wednesday Fun Facts:
1. At age 9, I had a VERY large collection of snakes. My first concert experience was in 1976, KISS Destroyer tour but in 1985, I saw Def Leppard 4 times in 2 states. I spent a month with Sipaliwini Indians in southern Suriname where I was offered Monkey head soup (I politely declined). I created a new variety of the Venus Flytrap called the "Red Dragon" in 1998.
2. I've had beers with Julio Iglesias and Jon Voight (separately).
3. Of course there is the obvious one, that I just joined the Army. My favorite vacation I ever went on was to a Dude Ranch in Wyoming. I have a Hummingbird named Esteban. I once got an earbud from IPOD headphones stuck in my ear.