In the CrossFit world, many people often refer to fanatical CrossFitters as "Koolaid Drinkers." The
reference goes back to the Jim Jones/People's Temple incident. People's Temple was a "cult." The followers were so fanatical about the cult that hundreds of them committed suicide on Jim Jones command by drinking cyanide laced Koolaid. So suggesting that someone is a Koolaid Drinker means they have succumb to following a cult.
I think that if you are fanatical about something, it's not necessarily a bad thing, just be careful about how much Koolaid you spit at others.
Time to have some fun. The heading is:
"You know you are a Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if..."
I'll start this list out but if you’ve done something in the past, add it in comments to add to the list:
- You know you are Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you can't go to sleep at night if the workout hasn't been posted.
- You know you are Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you think the CrossFit Games Champion would "kill it" in the NFL.
- You know you are a Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you answer your four-year-old's "Why?" questions with "To increase your work capacity across broad time and modal domains."
- You know you are a Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you ask the sushi waitress if the chef uses "grass fed fish."
- You know you are Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you wear Vibram Five Fingers, Old chucks converse, barefoot sneakers and/or are outfitted in all Reebok gear.
- You know you are a Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you start every meeting at work with "3,2,1...GO!"
- You know you are Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you have taken a handstand push-up picture while on vacation....or in the store....or at work....or at your child's parent/teacher meeting......etc.
- You know you are a double-fisting Koolaid Drinking CrossFitter if you have taken a picture while in an overhead squat position with anything other than a barbell.
Drink the Koolaid!!!!!
Post your additions in comments.
This WOD is a repeat from 5/20/2011
WOD: I think this will be named ----- “It doesn’t look that bad”
4 Rounds for time
10 Ring Dips
15 Power snatches (75/45)
20 Wall Balls (20/14)
25 KB Swings (55/35)
30 Double Unders
An oldie but goodie on yummy foods to eat.