Yes there are professional jump ropers and this guy is from Seattle, Washington: Link
10 Random Tips/Lessons/Observations in CrossFit
1. After a bad day, there is nothing like a good workout to give you a new perspective on things.
2. If the workout fails to make it better, ice cream is sure to do the job. Paleo + ice cream IS a legitimate diet choice! :-)
3. Rest days. Take them.
4. Sometimes I don't want to go skipping 200m during the warm up but it makes Beth happy and I'm always giggling like a school girl when I'm done, so do it.
5. Do the full range of motion. By not doing so, I promise that you are only cheating yourself.
6. It’s OK to fail. If you are not failing, you are not trying. Learn how to bail and then push yourself to the point where you might need to. That edge is a very rewarding place.
7. Ladies: YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE!
8. Sometimes the biggest PR’s come from an inability to count. Don’t let your mind hold you back!
9. Everyone starts somewhere. Let it be motivating and not discouraging how far you can go.
10. It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun…but c’mon CrossFit is FUN!
Strength: 20 Minutes to complete the following (not for time)
3 x max strict pull-ups (rest as needed)
30 GHD Sit Ups
50 Sit Ups
5 overhead squats (M:115#/W:75#)
This is a burner. GO AS FAST AS YOU CAN, but make sure you maintain full range of motion on the overhead squat. Even moving fast, you should be able to maintain good form since it is only 5 reps.
This is ridiculous. Rich Froning and Dan Bailey doing 30 reps of the bear complex at 225 pounds
It's obvious why I found this one funny :) sorry about the language.