Thank you to everyone that competed and came out to cheer on CrossFit Interbay at WODfest, it was a really nice showing. It was so much fun and a beautiful day. I apologize if I wasn't as chatty as normal but after the Hill Run WOD, i injured a nerve and nothing was working from the neck up......my brain was completely shut off and it still isn't fully functioning yet :-)
Here are a few of the highlights:
- Julia H. took 8th overall in a very big pool of women in the Open division
- Ian won the pull-up WOD by getting 41 in 1 minute. If they didn't put a 1 minute time limit on it, he would have gotten many many more.
- Marc H. Pr'd his Clean & Jerk by 10 pounds.
- DK took 6th overall in the mens firebreather division and Pr'd his Clean & Jerk by 10 pounds (video below)
- Travis took 10th place in a very stacked firebreather division too, also Pr'd his Clean & Jerk and fell in love with 135 pound thrusters. (C&J video below)
- The CrossFit Interbay Team which consisted of Christine, Emily, Shogun and Tanner, did amazing. They were in the mix for every WOD and nothing but bigger and better things will be coming from this group.
- I (Ron) took 3rd in the Mens Masters division, learned I hate hill runs and did the most unbroken pull-ups since my shoulder surgery......all while getting a great tan (I maybe wore my shirt for 5 minutes all day)
So it was a great day and I hope more of you get excited for doing local competitions. Many of these events have reasonable workouts and various divisions so anyone that's been doing CrossFit for a little while can compete and have a great fun day of working out.
It's going to be a hot day Monday, I know there will be some beverages after the 6pm class but each class should plan on bringing one or two just to enjoy the sun, kick back and smile :-)
Strength/Skill: 15-20 MInutes working Snatch
Power Snatch (Rx 95/65, FB 135/85, Masters 75/55)
*400m Run after each round