Hmmm, what should I talk about today. I should discuss something important. I should discuss something we all enjoy and appreciate. I should talk about BEER!!!!
I love beer. Beer is one of the oldest alcoholic beverages in human history, dating back to 9500 BC. This means beer has been around about as long as exercising.....so it must be good for you, right? Beer is the third most consumed beverage in the world next to water and tea.
A few things I know about beer:
- Beer should not be mixed with other alcoholic beverages. Unless you like serious hangovers.
- Beer tastes horrible after you brushed your teeth or ate a breath mint.
- Light beer and low carb beers beers are for pu**ies.
- All things in moderation is okay and the way to live.......except for beer. Beer is okay to consume in large amounts if you exercise really hard when you aren't drinking beer.
- Beer is not a morning drink, unless it's morning time and you haven't gone to bed yet.
- A cold beer is wonderful immediately following a hard workout, but it's not Paleo approved.
- Certain wines go good with certain foods, but beer goes good with everything. Beer & Pizza, Beer & Steak, Beer & Chicken, Beer & Gummy Bears....all WINS!!!!
- You will not gain weight drinking Beer as long as you only eat plain iceberg lettuce salads with no salad dressing.
- If your beer needs pieces of fruit in it, or it has a fruit flavor, well.....that's just fruity.
- Beer is not paleo. Beer will mess up your Zone blocks. Beer is not gluten-free. Thus, one can deduce that beer is damn delicious.
- While writing this post I drank way too much beer, but tomorrow morning I will feel wonderful. I can't say that when I drink way too much of any other alcoholic beverage.
Did I miss something about beer??? Post to comments.
Strength: Deadlift 8x6x4x2 (55,65,75,85%)
8 Minute AMRAP
10 Push Press (135/85)
15 Box Jumps (20 inches)