PALEO FAST FOOD: Forgot to make lunch for the next day? No sweat. If I forgot (or was too lazy) to make lunch for the next day, I’ll wake up 10 minutes earlier in the morning and whip up some scrambled eggs, bacon (beef or turkey bacon if you’re kosher) and avocado for breakfast and make enough for lunch as well. Sometimes I'll throw some salsa in it and done with less guilt while keeping on track.
WRAP IT UP:Another delicious and easily transportable lunch idea is Paleo wraps! Made with eggs, tapioca starch, flax meal, coconut flour and other good stuff, they’re grain/gluten free, pliable, easy to make and easy to store. Fill these wraps with anything! Last week I made a jalapeno, avocado and spicy tuna wrap:
Here is another fun wrap and place you can get more ideas
Paleo Wraps Recipe (from paleospirit.com)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 egg whites (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or other fat of your choice (liquid)
- 1 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive or coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and water in a medium-large bowl. Drizzle in the 1 tablespoon of olive oil while whisking.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tapioca starch/flour, flax meal, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly until combined and smooth. The batter will be very thin – much thinner than pancake batter.
- Heat a crêpe pan or medium, flat-bottomed, non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Melt a small amount of oil on the surface.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of batter on the hot pan surface.
- Holding onto the handle of the pan, remove it from the heat and swirl the pan so the batter coats the bottom and you have an (approximate) 8-inch wrap. You will have to work quickly. Mush mush!
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on the first side.
- Flip and cook another 30 seconds to 1 minute on the second side. (Don’t overcook the tortillas if you want them to stay soft and pliable).
1-1-1-1-1 @ 90-95%+ 1RM