The CrossFit Open starts this week. READ BELOW AND START PICKING YOUR TEAMS!!! We are running the Intermural Competition again this year, but with changes. I will post in tomorrow's blog about the Inter-gym competition we are also having against CrossFit 425.
CFIB’s 2016 intramural teams!!!
We are going to run this year’s 5 week CF Open as an intramural sport again, with a twist. Drum roll please…This year we will have teams of 4; you choose your own team! Rally some friends and email Ron at email@example.com with your 4 team members. Then start thinking about a team name because you will need to come up with one. If you are newer or need help with a team email me, Ron or Erin and we will find or build a team for you. Electing a team captain is optional.
Please note: it is not required for you to be registered to be on a team but it is highly recommended. I say this because most people who don’t sign up regret it within the first week. Besides, people spend $20 at Starbucks in one trip. Just do it. The deadline to register is Monday the 29th at games.crossfit.com.
This is how scoring will go. Each week:
· 1 point for each member on a team that does the Open workout, this will go the same for RX and scaled divisions. If a member is out of town and does it at another location this counts.
· 1 point for each person on your team that finishes in the top 3 of the gym for that week’s workout.
· 5 points for each team completing the weekly challenge. Challenges will differ week to week and could include fitness, nutrition, mobility or social gathering challenges.
· Bonus points will be awarded for setting personal records, i.e. linking the most double-unders ever, reaching a new max in a lift etc.
· Bonus points can also be earned for teams that show the most team spirit, this will be by posting comments online, best outfits during the open wods, cheers, overall spirit and attitude to pump up your team.
These teams are here to keep us pumped up during the 5 weeks of the Open. It’s a great way to meet and mingle with people you may not see on a regular. You will notice the teams have almost nothing to do with the open WOD scores but are instead based off of how fired up and supportive a team is of each other and other members.
At the end of the Open, the team with the most points will receive a prize. This will include a team plaque like last year and a celebratory gathering with libations at a local watering hole, plus bragging rights in the gym.
Have a good time with this. This isn’t about winning or getting the best scores but about bringing the gym together, building a stronger community, having a freakin’ blast and helping each person meet and exceed personal goals.
Join in on the fun, email us with your team and lets the games begin!
Lift heavy and laugh hard.
- Coach Beth
PS. May the WOD ever be in your favor.
Split Squat (Lunge)
5 sets of 4 reps(each leg is 4 reps, do all the reps on one leg before going to the 4 reps on the other, Bar can be on your back or front rack)
*Keep the weight on the front leg as much as possible. The back leg is for stabilization. Give a 3 second pause at the bottom of each lunge. Make sure to keep tension in the front leg once your knee touches the ground.
12 Minute AMRAP
5 Hang Power Snatch (Mx 75/55, Rx 95/65, Rx+ 115/75, FB 135/95)