5 Reasons Strong Women are Sexy! (there are many many more, provide your additions in the comments…)
1. Strength implies DEDICATION. When a woman values Strength, she is someone who knows the value of perseverance and commitment.
2. Strength implies a healthy sense of priorities. The current portrayal of how women’s bodies should look is pure poison. A sexy clavicle is more appealing then concaved ribcage. Take a look at some female CrossFitters and you’ll know.
3. Strength defies society’s portrayal of how women should be. Society does not value physical Strength in women. The women in Vogue are emaciated and bug-eyed, without any muscle tone. The physically strong woman does what makes her body feels good. And if you give your body what it needs, it’s going to look good.
4. Strength leads to confidence. When you choose to do something as difficult as real Strength Training with results you can demonstrate, it changes your body and your mind at the same time. Confidence is very attractive.
5. Strength Training helps you age gracefully. Weak young women become weak old women. Strong young women become elegant, strong, confident women. In short, there’s no downside to being strong. People that are attracted to weakness are normally attracted to vulnerability and there’s not much potential upside to that.
p.s. it’s never too late or too early to get strong. Other than the countless health benefits of exercising and being strong, set out to be that strong sexy fit woman.
p.s.s. For those women that worry about getting bulky, don’t. You won’t get bulky unless you want to. A woman can deadlift 250-300 pounds, backsquat 200+ and Shoulder Press 100+ while still killing the metcons and not get bulky. You will only get bulky if you want to.
Quoted from our CFIB FAQ section: "I don't want to get bulky." This is the biggest fear that most women have when exercising. That is why you mainly see women on the cardio
machines in the gym and not in the weight room. Women need to incorporate strength training more than men because they are at higher risk for osteoporosis. Your bones are not going to get stronger by hitting the elliptical every day.
Also, testosterone is required for a person to develop large muscles. Women have 1/10 the testosterone as men which makes it impossible to develop huge muscles naturally. The huge and buff women you see in body building magazines are taking testosterone injections, eating a diet geared towards “bulking”, and working very differently than the average CrossFitter which includes us at CrossFit Interbay. Have no fear of getting bulky, we promise you it won’t happen; just google search CrossFit Women and take a look for yourself. CrossFit will actually give women the look they are after. Our program will help you burn fat and increase lean muscle mass. This results in a lean and “toned” body much like a dancer, and not like a bodybuilder. Definitely give more reasons strong women are sexy. Add any comments and feedback you may have on this in the comments section too.
25 Deadlift (Mx 155/115, Rx 185/135, Rx+ 225/155)
Pull-Ups (Mx 15, Rx 20, RX+ 25)
*18 Minute time cap
Post WOD Strength Accessory Work:
2 Rounds not for time
Barbell bent over rows 8-10 Reps (work with coaches on what weight to use)
Banded face pulls 10-15 reps Squeeze hard at the point of contraction, slow negative
Dumbell Hammer Curls 8-10 reps per arm
Left Straight Leg Deadlift w/KB (55/35 8-12 Reps)
Right Straight Leg Deadlift w/KB (55/35 8-12 Reps)